Finding Your One Thing in Life
Posted on January 29, 2020 8:00 AM by Will Mancini
Midwest Leadership Summit breakout notes provided by Allen Suit, member, Mt. Carmel Baptist, Kenwood, and CABA ALT Chairman.
ITS YOUR CALL: 4 BREAKTHROUGH PRACTICES FOR FINDING YOUR ONE THING IN LIFE
(Will Mancini, based upon his book “Younique”)
• Pushes for knowing and naming your specific calling and assignment. We exist to honor God and help others by: ________ (2 words). His detailed model and process in the book drives to this.
• Four imperatives:
Courage to know yourself (understanding why we do what we do)
• Expectations of others: what others want me to be.
• Imitation of success: be like my hero.
• Captivation of money: what others pay me to be.
• Preoccupation of life: what the times make me be. (don’t slow down and reflect)
Projection of self: what do I need to add to the Jesus within me.
Experience to grow:
Evaluated experience is useful
• Ask the right people the right questions.
• What am I great at?
• Good experiences tell us about our strengths.
• Bad experiences tell us about our convictions.
• Breakthrough or breakdown experiences.
Value to show:
Change your role description by 10% each year to show value
3 reference points in showing more value
• Must support the mission/vision of organization
• Help your boss solve problems and make them look good
• How will you add new value
Risk to go:
Fear of leaving a good place may lead to success at the wrong thing.
Ships are safe in the harbor, but that is not what ships are made for.
Fear may never go away, but increasing your courage can be greater than your fear, allowing you to move.